Sunday, February 19, 2012

Indexed Views and ARITHABORT

Hi All,
I'm attempting to use an indexed view from within a stored procedure that's
called by RS. However, to use the Indexed View, ARITHABORT must be set to ON
for the session. Within RS as a whole, within a shared datasource, or within
a specific RS report, how do I do this?
I need to run the command "SET ARITHABORT ON" before my stored procedure
executes.
Has anybody else gotten this to work?
(BTW I've already been able to set it Arithabort as the db default so this
is no longer a huge issue, but I'm curious how I'd get around it if I wasn't
allowed to set that.)
Thx, JoelI'm having the same issue and unfortunately, I'm unable to set the db default
in my situation.
Does anyone know how to do this... help!!!!
"Joel Rumerman" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm attempting to use an indexed view from within a stored procedure that's
> called by RS. However, to use the Indexed View, ARITHABORT must be set to ON
> for the session. Within RS as a whole, within a shared datasource, or within
> a specific RS report, how do I do this?
> I need to run the command "SET ARITHABORT ON" before my stored procedure
> executes.
> Has anybody else gotten this to work?
> (BTW I've already been able to set it Arithabort as the db default so this
> is no longer a huge issue, but I'm curious how I'd get around it if I wasn't
> allowed to set that.)
> Thx, Joel
>
>|||Go to generic query designer (button is to the right of the ...). You can
use T-SQL from here. I haven't tried this but it should work.
set arithabort on
exec myproc @.Param1, @.Param2
Give it a try and let me know if it works.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Anonymous" <Anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:19C0F946-34C2-473C-9EE9-57C4BACB6FFE@.microsoft.com...
> I'm having the same issue and unfortunately, I'm unable to set the db
> default
> in my situation.
> Does anyone know how to do this... help!!!!
>
> "Joel Rumerman" wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I'm attempting to use an indexed view from within a stored procedure
>> that's
>> called by RS. However, to use the Indexed View, ARITHABORT must be set to
>> ON
>> for the session. Within RS as a whole, within a shared datasource, or
>> within
>> a specific RS report, how do I do this?
>> I need to run the command "SET ARITHABORT ON" before my stored procedure
>> executes.
>> Has anybody else gotten this to work?
>> (BTW I've already been able to set it Arithabort as the db default so
>> this
>> is no longer a huge issue, but I'm curious how I'd get around it if I
>> wasn't
>> allowed to set that.)
>> Thx, Joel
>>|||Thanks!
I was able to get past the ARITHABORT message now, but now I get a message
that says the QUOTED_IDENTIFIER is not set correctly.
I tried adding SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON to the beginning and redeployed the
report okay, but that still doesn't seem to work... it still gives the same
message about QUOTED_IDENTIFIER is not set correctly.
I should mention that in the stored procedure I am using a "WITH (noexpand)"
hint.
I'm going to keep trying different things and I'll post something
when I can.
Thanks,
Kirk
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> Go to generic query designer (button is to the right of the ...). You can
> use T-SQL from here. I haven't tried this but it should work.
> set arithabort on
> exec myproc @.Param1, @.Param2
> Give it a try and let me know if it works.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>
> "Anonymous" <Anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:19C0F946-34C2-473C-9EE9-57C4BACB6FFE@.microsoft.com...
> > I'm having the same issue and unfortunately, I'm unable to set the db
> > default
> > in my situation.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do this... help!!!!
> >
> >
> > "Joel Rumerman" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I'm attempting to use an indexed view from within a stored procedure
> >> that's
> >> called by RS. However, to use the Indexed View, ARITHABORT must be set to
> >> ON
> >> for the session. Within RS as a whole, within a shared datasource, or
> >> within
> >> a specific RS report, how do I do this?
> >>
> >> I need to run the command "SET ARITHABORT ON" before my stored procedure
> >> executes.
> >>
> >> Has anybody else gotten this to work?
> >>
> >> (BTW I've already been able to set it Arithabort as the db default so
> >> this
> >> is no longer a huge issue, but I'm curious how I'd get around it if I
> >> wasn't
> >> allowed to set that.)
> >>
> >> Thx, Joel
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment