Friday, February 24, 2012

Indexes

Hi.
Where could I obtain some White Paper about how SQL Server 2000 manages
indexes?.
I woul like to know why the server reads so many records when doing a select
over the fields of the primary key in a table. (I think that the server read
s
so many records as many matches with the first field of the primary key. If
so, can I change it and improve performance?).
Note : I see the records readed in the SQL Analyser.Manuel
I'd start first reading BOL .
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...n/rdbmspft.mspx
"Manuel Torres" <ManuelTorres@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A5ED3D3D-4B8F-465D-B269-88A486F4B456@.microsoft.com...
> Hi.
> Where could I obtain some White Paper about how SQL Server 2000 manages
> indexes?.
> I woul like to know why the server reads so many records when doing a
> select
> over the fields of the primary key in a table. (I think that the server
> reads
> so many records as many matches with the first field of the primary key.
> If
> so, can I change it and improve performance?).
> Note : I see the records readed in the SQL Analyser.
>|||Thanks.
I will read it.
"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> Manuel
> I'd start first reading BOL .
> [url]http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/maintain/rdbmspft.mspx[/ur
l]
> "Manuel Torres" <ManuelTorres@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A5ED3D3D-4B8F-465D-B269-88A486F4B456@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment