Friday, February 24, 2012

indexes and merge replication

just putting out a feeler on this since I think I am about to be asked to do
this.
Can I add/remove indexes on replicated tables? If so, will that schema
change replicate to subscribers (sql server 2000 subscribers)?
I have used the sp_repladdcolumn stored procedure. Hopefully there is one
for indexes as well?
any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks Paul. I'll checkout sp_addscriptexec in sql server books online.
I appreciate the direction.
"Paul Ibison" <Paul.Ibison@.Pygmalion.Com> wrote in message
news:1d3f01c49a59$3a4fed60$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> DJC,
> you can use sp_addscriptexec to replicate index changes.
> HTH,
> Paul Ibison
> (recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)
>

No comments:

Post a Comment