Wednesday, March 28, 2012

info..._schema.routines no Triggers listed - how to find scripts?

Hello,
when I look through Informatin_Schema.Routines I can find listings and
scripts for stored procedures and user-defined functions. Besides the
Trigger Manager, where can I find a collective listing of all Triggers in a
DB and the corresponding scripts? What I really want to do is to find a
Trigger that is using a particular UDF. In pseudo code I was hoping to do
something like this:
Select Routine_Name From Information_Schema.TriggerRoutines Where
Routine_Definition Like %dbo.f_someUDF%
Any suggestions appreciated how I can accomplish this.
Thanks,
Rich>What I really want to do is to find a
> Trigger that is using a particular UDF. In pseudo code I was hoping to do
> something like this:
If that's all that you really want to do, assuming that the trigger and the
function are in the same database
SQL 2000:
select DISTINCT OBJECT_NAME([id]) FROM sysdepends
WHERE OBJECT_NAME([depid]) = 'YourFunction'
SQL 2005
SELECT DISTINCT OBJECT_NAME([id]) FROM sys.sql_dependencies
WHERE OBJECT_NAME([referenced_major_id]) = 'YourFunction'
If you posted to this forum through TechNet, and you found my answers
helpful, please mark them as answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment