Monday, March 26, 2012

Info on speedy Backup and Recovery

Hi All!!!!!!

I'm a contract developer in SQL Server & .NET area.

For the past 1 week, I have been referring SQL Server BOL for speeding up my Backup and Recovery process for the databases..... But i'm not very successful. Can anyone give me any info or links for the same (i.e. Speedy Backup, Recovery/Restore)

Would be glad if i get the help ASAP. Microsoft guys, I expect a good job from u as usual!!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Jeffrey Collins

By the way do u guys feel that is there any difference in backing up/restoring a relational db and a transactional db?

if so i need links and information for backing up and restoring both Relational and as well as transactional db.

Thanks

Jeffrey Collins

|||

I'm not sure what you mean by "transactional db".

sql server is a relational database, and provides transactions.

As far as backup/recovery, the main thing to consider is your hardware configuration.

You should be able to achieve close to maximum hardware speed using our backup/restore tools.

If you have more specific questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Cheers.

|||Jeffrey, you can try using SQL Litespeed by quest software to speedup your backup and recovery process.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment