Monday, March 26, 2012

Info on Restore

I made wrong changes to my DB just today.
I wish to return back to the previous state.
Full Backup run daily in the night and nop Transaction Log backups
were made.
Can i backup now the actual Transaction Log and next restore it at a
particular time ?
many thanks
On 18 Feb, 13:23, Zarko Jovanovic
<mind_lessIsHsAsTsEsSsPsA...@.inet.hr> wrote:
> BOBO wrote:
>
>
> backup log, restore full, restore log stopat
> look in BOL for details
Hi,
Thanks to all.
Do you mean I have to restore the full Transaction log and next the
Transaction log with the StopAt? Why I need to restore the full TL
first?
|||I believe Zarko means for you to restore your last full database backup, and
then restore the log backup to the time you wish.
Check the BOL for detailed instructions on using "stopat".
"BOBO" wrote:

> On 18 Feb, 13:23, Zarko Jovanovic
> <mind_lessIsHsAsTsEsSsPsA...@.inet.hr> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks to all.
> Do you mean I have to restore the full Transaction log and next the
> Transaction log with the StopAt? Why I need to restore the full TL
> first?
>
|||Hi,
look here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179451.aspx
this is good example for you
regards

No comments:

Post a Comment